Skip to content

Create User Account

Your CCR username will not work in SAM. You will need a new SAM User Account to register or update your entity records. You will also need to create a SAM User Account if you are a government official and need to create Exclusions or search for FOUO information.
Create User Account

Register/Update Entity

You can register your Entity (business, individual, or government agency) to do business with the Federal Government. If you are interested in registering or updating your Entity, you must first create a user account.
New! Use the SAM Status Tracker to: Check Status

Search Records

All entity records from CCR/FedReg and ORCA and exclusion records from EPLS, active or expired, were moved to SAM. You can search these records and new ones created in SAM. If you are a government user logged in with your SAM user account, you will automatically have access to FOUO information.


The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register at no cost directly from this page. User guides and webinars are available under the Help tab.


FY2015 Service Contract Reporting (SCR) is now enabled at SAM. By December 15, 2015, users with the role of Entity Administrator, Entity Registration Representative or Reporter should log into SAM, select Register/Update Entity and click Service Contract Report. If the user does not see the "Service Contract Report" option, then FPDS has not identified any actions that are subject to the SCR requirement for the applicable reporting period (FY2015). For instructions on how to complete SCR, please refer to the SAM Quick Start Guide for Service Contract Reporting or the SAM User Guide.


Find the full SAM User Guide, Quick Start Guides, Helpful Hints, and Webinars on the HELP tab.

Use the SAM Status Tracker to check your SAM entity registration status.

Federal Service Desk
Search FAQs or request additional help at the Federal Service Desk.


Support for the legacy-formatted extracts and web services in SAM ended on October 31st, 2014. Federal systems using SAM data must convert to the SAM-formatted extracts and web services. If you see "You do not have access to this extract" you need to submit a Data Access Request for the appropriate role by logging in with the account that needs the role. Go to "Data Access" then click on either "System Data Access Request" or "Individual Data Access Request" (depending on your user account type) and follow the prompts to submit the request. Visit the openIAE GitHub site for more information about SAM's data, web services, and RESTful API.